Monday, October 15, 2012

Funkadelic

 
·  Describe what it is: I found this CD cover in a book about different genres and time periods of CD album art.  
·  Describe its function: Album art is to attract the viewer to the CD as well as tell a little bit about the group or indivual artist.   
·  Discuss the style of the design & typography: The style is very eighties, with the afro styled hair, bubble letter typpgraphy and even title, "Funkadelic." 
·  Discuss the quality of the artwork; I think the quality is very well done, having extreme light for drama, but not too extreme and very eye catching subject matter with a emotional expression on the head that is seemingly coming out the ground. 
·  Discuss what attracted you to the piece:  I thought about the Psychedelic age when I saw this album cover, and I just think that it is a good example of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment