Monday, September 24, 2012

Shelf Arrangement


When I was babysitting, I noticed some shelving in their kitchen that did not have anything particularly useful on it, and it was more for show or decoration.

I imagined it was something to accentuate the theme of the kitchen.

The various vases, cups, plates, and basket have a very homey and warm feel to it mainly using whites, creams, and reds.  The shelf was in the kitchen but the objects are generic enough that they could be placed almost anywhere in a house and would not be out of place.

There is some type on a slab that says, "Live, Laugh, Love," which is a common, modern saying in America and promotes living a happy life.  Th positioning of the of objects are well balanced which is what attracted me to the set up of it.  Or rather, what attracted me to it was that fact that the balance of the objects on the shelf strongly relates to arranging objects to create balance on a webpage or a poster that a graphic designer would do.

Therefore, I discovered that an interior decorator and a graphic designer have similar problems to solve when it comes to visual appeal, whatever they are working with. Seems that design can be found in more places than I thought.

some words I would use to describe the decoration set up on the shelves would be warm, calm, classic, traditional, conservative, and orderly.

No comments:

Post a Comment